[Nut-upsuser] Arch Linux and Tripp Lite web snmp card issues.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 04:10:02 UTC 2014

On Feb 24, 2014, at 10:29 PM, Jason R Begley wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response Charles! I may not have gotten the correct output from the snmpwalk, let me know if the attachment is usable.  Thanks!

Sorry, it's basically all comments. Do you have the stdout from the subdriver script? Also, how is the MIB file installed?

> New data added, here is the gdb output:
> Reading symbols from /usr/bin/snmp-ups...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

^ Hmm, I thought we defaulted to CFLAGS=-g, but apparently it's CFLAGS=-O. Can you rebuild with "-g"?

> (gdb) run -a tripplite -DD
> Starting program: /usr/bin/snmp-ups -a tripplite -DD

Actually, using "-DDD" might provide enough extra context (there is an upsdebugx(3, ...) right before one of the snmp_parse_oid() calls). But debugging symbols would be good, too.

[...]
> 0xb7da9470 in __strchr_sse2_bsf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0xb7da9470 in __strchr_sse2_bsf () from /usr/lib/libc.so.6
> #1  0xb7f05758 in snmp_parse_oid () from /usr/lib/libnetsnmp.so.30
> #2  0x0804afd8 in ?? ()

Almost there - we just need to know what called snmp_parse_oid(), and why the arguments were bad.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail