[Nut-upsuser] Arch Linux and Tripp Lite web snmp card issues.

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 00:03:47 UTC 2014

On Feb 25, 2014, at 4:23 PM, Arnaud Quette wrote:

> gen-snmp-subdriver.sh simply hasn't done its job, for some reasons.
> well, 1 clear is that's it not a completed effort... at all
> but, still IIRC, it should have produced at least a bit more

Hi Arnaud,

I may not have been specific enough in my description.

The crash that Jason saw is with the version of snmp-ups that is currently in Git - including the new 'xppc' MIB, but the NULL pointer in question is also in 'delta_ups'.

Given that mib2nut[i]->oid_auto_check is only used for the "classic" OID check, I think we can just add a special case to check for NULL, and continue the loop if oid_auto_check has not been provided.

> @Jason: how have you called the script?
> could you please also send an archive including:
> - the results of the adapted commands on #L73, #L74
> https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/blob/master/scripts/subdriver/gen-snmp-subdriver.sh
> - your mib file

Jason,

this would still be useful to address the issue of gen-snmp-subdriver not parsing things correctly.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail