[Nut-upsuser] Generic UPS driver

Ariel Wainer ari at ariwainer.com.ar
Wed Jan 1 19:58:20 UTC 2014

On 01/01/14 16:12, Charles Lepple wrote:
> On Jan 1, 2014, at 1:52 PM, Ariel Wainer wrote:
>
>> Very strange! It seems like the completly powered down and OK status
>> yeild the same reading. The reading didn't change after plugging back in
>> the AC.
> Well, as strange as that is, I don't think it would be a common case. Ordinarily, the load would be the computer monitoring the UPS, and if the load is off... We can certainly document that, though.
I agree.
> In your testing, do you have suggestions on better debug levels? We should probably log the status changes at level 2 or less, since the hex dump is only useful for those who know the protocol. Also, I'm not sure how many of the messages we should print while scanning the bus.
I'm not sure I understand this question but I'll try to cover it, please
feel free to ask again if it's not what you meant*.
The status transitions are being correctly detected IMHO, as seen in the
status variable. Adding debug messages will certainly be useful.
Do you need me to run the driver again with more "-D" ?

> Good to hear that the rest of the driver works. Can you check the shutdown feature? (run the driver with "-k", or execute "upsdrvctl shutdown"). I wonder if the "0x01" in the shutdown command corresponds to the time between when the command is sent, and when the UPS actually turns off the load.

This doesn't work, load remains with power after issuing this command
both while on AC and on batteries.
Again, maybe the UPS is not capable of doing this. It has a power
button, that feels "physical". Maybe after the warranty time (6 months I
think) is over I can open it up and add more insight on the capabilities.

* Sorry, english is not my native languaje.