[Nut-upsuser] Generic UPS driver

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 04:53:56 UTC 2014

On Jan 1, 2014, at 3:50 PM, Ariel Wainer wrote:

> On 01/01/14 17:33, Charles Lepple wrote:
>> Disappointing. I will add a note in the man page for that, too. (Maybe
>> it is only after the UPS is in the low battery state? You mentioned
>> that it did shut down when you did the capture with the Windows
>> software.)
>
> Yes, but I think it was because the battery was depleted.
>
> Let me know if further testing is needed.

I am curious about why the Interrupt Out packet is sent by the Windows software if it isn't to turn off the UPS. Is it possible to do some more testing with shorter timeouts so that the battery doesn't get depleted? You would need to record the exact time when it shuts down, I think.

Also, I quickly put together a man page:

http://buildbot.networkupstools.org/~buildbot/cayman/docs/r17df4ff7b73aa76d01e168c6d4bc4f017193443a-116/man/nutdrv_atcl_usb.html

Let me know if I should add anything.

--
Charles Lepple