[Nut-upsuser] Nut-upsuser Digest, Vol 109, Issue 2

Steve Ballantyne steve.ballantyne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 22:52:08 UTC 2014

> Lots of good progress here! I tried to enable a few more commands for
> your model. For instance, the "M" values seem to be min/max voltage,
> so there is a "reset.input.minmax" command to use with upscmd.  Also,
> you can trigger a battery test with "test.battery.start". I assume the
> work the same way as on Protocol 3003 :-)
>
> The attached patch is meant to be applied on top of the previous
> patch. If it's easier, I can diff it against Git master.

Hello Charles,

Thanks for the patch!  It went down cleanly.  I then did: make clean,
make, and make install.  Everything went fine.  But I'm not able to
access those additional commands ...

pi at raspberrypi ~/nut $ /usr/local/ups/bin/upscmd -u pi -p pi
SMART500RT1U at localhost reset.input.minmax
Unexpected response from upsd: ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED
pi at raspberrypi ~/nut $ /usr/local/ups/bin/upscmd -u pi -p pi
SMART500RT1U at localhost test.battery.start
Unexpected response from upsd: ERR CMD-NOT-SUPPORTED
pi at raspberrypi ~/nut $ /usr/local/ups/bin/upscmd -u pi -p pi -l
SMART500RT1U at localhost
Instant commands supported on UPS [SMART500RT1U]:

load.off - Turn off the load immediately
load.on - Turn on the load immediately
shutdown.return - Turn off the load and return when power is back
pi at raspberrypi ~/nut $

I will give USB sniffing a shot when I am back in the office tomorrow.

Thanks!
Steve Ballantyne
Network Engineer
MCSE/MCDST; Novell CLA; LPIC-1; CTT+; A+; Network+; Linux+; Server+;
I-Net+; Security+; SonicWALL CSSA