[Nut-upsuser] Multiple instances of the same model, with same ID and no serial number!

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 21:59:50 UTC 2014

On Jul 13, 2014, at 9:58 AM, Steve Ballantyne <steve.ballantyne at gmail.com> wrote:

> So I would say that you are fine to commit your changes!

Glad to hear it's working. I merged those changes to the master branch, so they will be part of the next NUT release.

I keep meaning to ask: about how old are the UPSes? Trying to come up with a slightly better way to differentiate the tripplite_usb SMART500RT1U from the one that only works with usbhid-ups.

> So my shutdown routine is more of an alert
> routine.
>
> Anyhow, let me know if you think that would be useful.  Otherwise, I
> will keep it under my hat.  I'm not out to de-rail or confuse people
> who are using the product as it was intended.  ;-)

I don't think there's any harm in posting sample alert scripts - I think it's good to have a few building blocks like that.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail