[Nut-upsuser] blazer_ser: UPS behind seriell ethernet converter

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue May 6 02:55:23 UTC 2014

On May 4, 2014, at 9:14 AM, Meinhard Schneider wrote:

> I've set the converter to 2400 baud, 8N1, no flow control. On the linux side I
> started socat and blazer_ser. All I got are timeouts after 12 seconds. I can
> see network traffic with tcpdump but I've no idea what to do to get this
> working.

Network traffic in which direction(s)?

> Does anyone have experencies with blazer_ser and a remote UPS connected via
> seriell ethernet converter?

There is a Github pull request for a serial-over-ethernet converter:

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/pull/116

Here's some additional discussion:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.devel/6679

We're going to need some help either way.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail