[Nut-upsuser] upssched timer configuration with redundant UPSes ?

Philippe Andersson pan at iba-group.com
Wed May 21 15:16:50 UTC 2014

Hello list,

I have the following hardware setup:

- HP C7000 enclosure, with 4 blade servers
- two power supply modules in the enclosure (one is enough to sustain
the 4 blades)
- two UPSes, each one feeding one of the enclosure power supplies

I would like to configure NUT to initiate an early shutdown of that
environment only if *both* UPSes are on battery.

I've created the 2 "MONITOR" entries, giving 1 power supply each, and
I've set MINSUPPLIES to 1.

But since I want early shutdown, I also need to configure the count-down
timer for upssched. I tried the usual:

AT ONBATT * START-TIMER onbattery 60

But of course, this triggers even if only one of them goes on battery.

How can I create a timer that only starts if *both* UPSes are on battery
at the same time?

That timer should also be cancelled as soon as *one of them* comes back
on-line, like this I suppose:

AT ONLINE * CANCEL-TIMER onbattery

Thanks in advance for any hint.

Cheers. Bye.