[Nut-upsuser] Return on experience with an Emerson/Liebert GXT3

paul.chavent at fnac.net paul.chavent at fnac.net
Mon Oct 6 07:31:58 UTC 2014

Hi

On 10/03/2014 03:42 PM, Charles Lepple wrote:> On Oct 3, 2014, at 7:50 AM, paul.chavent at fnac.net wrote:

> This is what I was referring to (from the belkin-hid log):
>
>     1.325782    Report[buf]: (5 bytes) => 05 53 00 48 00
>     1.325799    Path: UPS.PowerSummary.ConfigVoltage, Type: Feature, ReportID: 0x05, Offset: 16, Size: 16, Value: 0
>     1.325814    ConfigVoltage = 0 -> assuming correction factor = 1e+08
>
> You may need to bump the debug level to 5 to see the full exponent processing (cf get_unit_expo() in libhid.c). Please gzip the log - it will be big.

See attachment

> I would prefer not to move things around too much, unless we can get people to test the other models. I realize it is annoying that the subdriver names do not match the brands, but the idea is that the matching happens automatically.
> [...]
> Right, in usbhid-ups.c, the liebert_subdriver entry is after the belkin_subdriver.

OK, i suppose that this issue will be solved when all the liebert devices will be moved in the liebert-hid driver, in the future.

>> (3) in the hid report, we have several items with the same name (see attached lsusb dump).
>> How it is handled by the lookup table ? Is there any indexing possible ?
>
> I will have more time to look at this later, but at a quick glance, I did not see what you were referring to (the lsusb dump, while comprehensive, is hard to parse). Bear in mind that many vendors duplicate Input and Feature HID elements.

Please find in attachment the hid report descriptor : there are several Charging/Discharging fields.
I'm wondering if it gives the status of the different (additional) battery composing the system ?

>> (4) would it be useful to add missing items to the driver's hid to nu lookup table (even in the the unmapped part) ?
>
> Sure, although the unmapped entries are just for debugging - we will want to eventually rename them to official NUT names, or comment them out again before checking the driver in to version control.

Is there a list of all official NUT names (i haven't searched yet) ?

Cheers.