[Nut-upsuser] UPS Groups?

Michael Stinaff mstinaff at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 16:12:23 UTC 2014

I've used nut for simple configurations before but now one has grown to a
more complex setup and can't seem to find any info online.

I would like to have single central nut master monitor a bank of UPSs for a
whole rack of servers with redundant PSUs.

So
UPS A1 ---> Server group A PSU 1
UPS A2 ---> Server group A PSU 2

UPS B1 ---> Server group B PSU 1
UPS B2 ---> Server group B PSU 2

I've read numerous pages about using MINSUPPLIES for redundant UPS->PSU
setups, but nothing about setting up groups so that server bank B can stay
up even if something happens to both UPS feeding server bank A.

I've thought of a few possible solutions:
1. build a separate nut master for each group
2. use jails to make a lighter nut master instance for each group
3. run multiple instances of nut in the same server

Is there something obvious that I am missing?  Anyone done anything similar?

Thank you for your time