[Nut-upsuser] UPS Groups?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 00:18:05 UTC 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 2:50 PM, Michael Stinaff <mstinaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> 3. (What I am not sure NUT can do) Each slave monitors either UPS group A or B depending on what it drawing power from.  If that group drops below MINSUPPLIES then those slaves shut down.

I forgot to mention: the slave configuration is generally going to be manual, unless you segment the UPS output circuits and the networks in a similar fashion. I don't know of any PC power supplies that can get some sort of identification from the UPS that is directly feeding it, although this would be very handy for reducing errors in configurations such as this.

If you had subnets that segregate the A and B groups, you might be able to do something with mDNS to find the nearest NUT master, but I don't know if I would depend on that unless servers move around frequently.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail