[Nut-upsuser] OpenUPS2 support in the HID driver?

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Mon Sep 8 21:46:36 UTC 2014

I bought a very nice little, self contained, UPS from mini-box:
   http://www.mini-box.com/OpenUPS2
thinking it would be handled by NUT.
I think I misread or misinterpreted the HCL
   http://www.networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html

The OpenUPS UPS is listed as supported under usbhid-ups, and I had
assumed that OpenUPS2 would be as well. Bzzzzt. I get a unknown device
ID for d005

Is adding (or hacking) support for this device into the HID driver
something simple which can be done without a recompile?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration