[Nut-upsuser] Documentation out of date?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 13:33:29 UTC 2014

My fault, the version is only included in the website pages, e.g. http://www.networkupstools.org/documentation.html

https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/150

Makes sense. Also added to the TODO list: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/issues/151

>>> Just thought I would mention them.  If those paths are distro/package
>>> dependent, then that is ok, but it'd be nice of the docs said that.  I
>>> know elsewhere they do (when talking about installing from source).
>>
>> Seems like a good idea in principle. How would you reword it?
>
> Well, since the paths really become important when dealing with the configuration, perhaps at the top of page 6, under the "Note" already there, it could just be said that the paths to the configuration files are distribution dependent, and the ones shown are for <insert distro used here>.  That way, whether someone's coming from the package install or source install, they would both end up at the top of that page and get the note before they start seeing the specific paths.

When you say "Page 6", are you referring to a PDF? Or a sub-section in "Configuration"?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail