[Nut-upsuser] MACOSX-UPS Client/Server Communications Issues

AIYL adliyanes at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:20:57 UTC 2015

I’ve already completed the tests,  setting up NUT in FreeBSD running in a Parallels virtual machine.

Results:
a.- Can you try 'upsc ups at 10.0.2.151 <mailto:ups at 10.0.2.151>' from another system on the network?
NUT Client running in FreeBSD connects to NUT server in OSX, upsc at 10.0.2.151, output:
battery.charge: 100
battery.runtime: 480
battery.voltage: 13.500
device.mfr: (unknown)
device.model: Back-UPS ES 550 FW:843.K2 .D USB FW:K2
device.type: ups
driver.name: macosx-ups
driver.parameter.pollinterval: 2
driver.parameter.port: auto
driver.parameter.synchronous: no
driver.version: 2.7.3
driver.version.internal: 1.1
ups.status: OL CHRG

b.- NUT Server setup in FreeBSD to test NAS’es NUT client connection to a server monitoring a “real “ UPS device
Both NAS’es ReadyNas and Synology have succesfully connected to the NUT server and correctly recognized the UPS device

Conclusions:
a.- The OSX firewall is correctly setup to allow communications between the NUT server and the NUT clients
b.- The NAS’es NUT clients connection to a NUT Server in FreeBSD monitoring a “real” UPS device successfully identify the UPS device connected to the NUT server.

See FreeBSD NUT server setup messages and NAS’es UPS screens attached.

The NUT software running the driver MACOSX-UPS is a great and unique tool (I’ve found no other option able to manage my setup while using the OSX Power Management services), any further development effort will be of great value. For example to manage several networked Mac computers, while using the OSX Power Management Services in all of them.

Thank you.

Adolfo Yanes