[Nut-upsuser] Need help with Tripp Lite SMART1300LCDT NUT v2.7.3

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 13:00:57 UTC 2015

On Aug 19, 2015, at 12:08 AM, Johnny Wong <e430benz98 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here are couple of things I tried.
>
> 1)      Changed the USB cable.  Same problem
> 2)      I put an old CyberPower CP550SL w/USB&SERIAL and it recognize it right away via the USB port
> I don’t know if that will give you any insight or eliminate certain things with the Tripp Lite SMART1300LCDT or not.

Thanks for testing the USB cable and the other UPS - those are good data points.

I am surprised that I did not run across this thread earlier: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/8700 (SMART1500RM2UN disconnects every 40-45 seconds)

I also did not see any changes in the FreeBSD source code that specifically mention the USB alt setting (although they have an unbelievable number of different ways to spell that). I will still try to set up a FreeBSD 10.2 box at some point for system testing.

You might also try booting from a Linux live CD and using their version of NUT to see if the SMART1300LCDT still disconnects. Tripp Lite has said that they only support certain distributions of Linux (I don't recall which, but I would assume Red Hat is among them), so if you can prove that there are problems with a supported Linux distribution, you might be able to get warranty service.

--
- Charles Lepple
https://ghz.cc/charles/