[Nut-upsuser] Server not shutting down before power loss

Jonah Naylor jonahnaylor at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 19:24:34 UTC 2015

Hi I hope someone can please help.

I have an Ubuntu Server running 14.04.3 LTS and using an APC ES550 UPS
connected via USB.

I've installed Nut and can see it does monitor the UPS correctly and give
the correct stats with battery percentage etc.

But on doing a "real" test and unplugging the UPS from the power supply,
after watching the battery drop slowly suddenly the server just lost power
along with the UPS and monitor. No graceful shutdown and I didn't see any
attempt at a warning or shutdown in any way.

Now I realise my UPS is no use at all if my system doesn't shutdown.

Can anyone please help me get this to work as I'm vulnerable at present.

Nut Version: 2.7.1-1ubuntu1
Nut installation method was just through apt from standard Ubuntu repos.

Thanks very much indeed.