[Nut-upsuser] One more try at nut, this time on debian 7.8 (wheezy)

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 03:10:37 UTC 2015

On Feb 18, 2015, at 7:56 PM, Gene Heskett <gheskett at wdtv.com> wrote:

> Even though I installed nut-doc, there are no man pages so I am running in
> the dark again.

They seem to be in the file list:

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/amd64/nut-client/filelist

Is $MANPATH set to something strange?

> Where is the initial config and startup procedure to be found?  ISTR it
> was a web page at one time.

This?

http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/user-manual.chunked/ar01s06.html

While Roger Price's guide is for openSuse, it is a little more approachable than the NUT manual (which is more of a reference, I guess).

http://rogerprice.org/NUT.html

Also note my post from earlier this evening- wheezy might also be affected by that Debian bug, if you have a USB UPS.

- Charles