[Nut-upsuser] libusb drops connection to my Tripp Lite SMART500T1U

Steve Ballantyne steve.ballantyne at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:49:12 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> However, for the notifications, you could use "upssched" to only notify you if the UPS is disconnected for longer than the usual reconnection time.

Hello Charles,

For my purposes, I will take an even easier route to resolution ... I
will just comment this line out of my upsmon.conf file.  Because I
guess I don't mind that it comes and goes.  I just don't want to be
notified about it.  ;-)

# NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM

I would like to get to the root of the problem though.  I may tweak
the code a bit and see if I can get better results.  Although you are
right about the broken pipe.  If the device is "unplugging" ... not
much you can do to fix that other than to just ignore it.

Steve Ballantyne
Network Engineer
MCSE/MCDST; Novell CLA; LPIC-1; CTT+; A+; Network+; Linux+; Server+;
I-Net+; Security+; SonicWALL CSSA