[Nut-upsuser] NUT configuration with APC CS650 and ESXi host

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 13:55:18 UTC 2015

On Jan 11, 2015, at 8:14 AM, DatGingerCat <dat.ginger.cat at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another interesting behaviour I found was when using the upsc command, if I set the ondelay and offdelay options in the ups.conf file, about a quarter of the info in the upsc output is missing (including firmware and serial number).

Hmm. To debug that, can you kill the running driver (in Debian/Ubuntu, it may be easiest to stop the whole nut-* service set) and manually run the driver with five "-D" flags (once with both ondelay and offdelay set, and once without), and send the stderr output from at least 60 seconds in each case? Probably will look something like this:

/lib/nut/usbhid-ups -a ups-name -DDDDD 2>&1 | tee /tmp/usbhid-ups_APC_CS650.1.log

You may want to tar and bzip2 the output (tar jcvf ...) since the log files grow quickly at that log level.

> Also, the timer variables in the upcs output do not change, no matter if a poweroff is initiated, or a shutdown, or delayed load turning off, the timer variables are always as listed in the output above.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure how this works on the Back-UPS series - on my Back-UPS LS500, I just use the default timers (it wasn't powering a critical system). I need to do some testing with another UPS, so maybe after that, I can swap this one in and see what happens.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail