[Nut-upsuser] [SOLVED?] Error: Connection failure: Connection refused

Melvin Call melvincall979 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:02:26 UTC 2015

On 1/30/15, Roger Price <roger at rogerprice.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Jan 2015, Melvin Call wrote:
>
>> [root at mypc:/etc/nut]# upsc apc_pro1300 at localhost
>> Error: Connection failure: Connection refused
>
> I had this error message.  In my case it was due to a network
> misconfiguration. Are you using TCP wrappers? If so, is this a missing
> entry in hosts.allow?
>
> Roger Price

Hi Roger, and thanks for the reply.

After I shut the system down to plug it back into the UPS, and booted it back
up, everything is fine. I have rebooted several times during my trouble-shooting
and that had not resolved anything at all. I have no explanation because I can
not believe that the problem was caused all along by the lack of an electrical
connection between the systems.

I hate things like this. I spend several hours trying to figure this out, to no
avail. I send an email to a help list, only to have my problem inexplicably
resolve itself moments after hitting send. My apologies to the list for the
noise.

Regards,
Melvin