[Nut-upsuser] Error: Connection failure: Connection refused

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 04:19:42 UTC 2015

On Jan 30, 2015, at 11:12 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2015, at 4:22 PM, Melvin Call <melvincall979 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> At this point I unplugged the UPS and plugged it into a different USP port, but
>> that did not change the above. Figuring this was likely a udev problem, I
>> created the following /etc/udev/rules.d/52-nut-usbups.rules (based on an example
>> on our database server, and changing the vendor and product id values):
>
> You may want to rename this from 52- to 62-nut-usbups.rules, which will prevent it from being masked by an earlier rules file.
>
> Alternatively, you probably already have a similar file in /lib/udev/rules.d that can be renamed. I thought there was a Debian bug about this, but here's the equivalent Ubuntu bug database entry: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nut/+bug/1099947

Well, Launchpad says it's http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=721600 which describes a slightly different case, but the premise is the same.

At any rate, although your later email said that things were working, I suspect that this might be a race condition that might come back later - hence the suggestion to rename still stands.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail