[Nut-upsuser] GUI on Ubuntu

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 02:17:24 UTC 2015

On Jul 9, 2015, at 8:38 PM, Ken Mandelberg <km at mathcs.emory.edu> wrote:

> Pardon the naive question, but I'm obviously missing something. I'm running the tools in standalone mode on Ubuntu 14.04. All is working well. upsc nicely shows me all the status info from command line.
>
> What I'm missing is how to get the GUI display.

There are a few options:

If you have a web server, there is a CGI script in http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/nut-cgi

The following GUI only pulls in a few Qt libraries: http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/knutclient

Or this GUI uses Python: http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/nut-monitor

You can also use http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/collectd to monitor many other statistics besides just those provided by NUT (processor load, temperature, network traffic, RAM/disk usage, etc) then use http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/kcollectd to interactively build a time-series graph dashboard.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail