[Nut-upsuser] Driver macosx-ups failing on Yosemite

Sundeep Mediratta smedius at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 14:49:37 UTC 2015

I think the high CPU usage was caused by the native OS X driver crashing and not working properly. The native driver was not sensing the UPS going on battery or any change in battery percentage. Unplugging the USB and then plugging it back again made the native driver come back up again properly. Restarting the macosx-ups driver seems to get back to normal CPU usage. I will monitor and see how it goes, but it seems the native yosemite driver is flaky. Or maybe the UPS is flaky. Will monitor and see how it goes. May have to attach the UPS to the linux machine and use the mac as a client, however it is easier to use the mac with the native control panel if the native driver works OK.