[Nut-upsuser] Install problems (group permissions) with nut 2.7.2

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Mon Mar 9 15:49:05 UTC 2015

Ok, I tried this from scratch on a fresh 2.7.2 directory.  I followed the web instructions, specifically:

+ I generated the new subdriver for my UPS (rtd-hid.*) based on PATH info.
+ I put them in the drivers subdir
+ I added the include line (#include rtd-hid.h) in usbhid-ups.c (specifically in the #ifndef SHUT_MODE section)
+ I added &rtd_subdriver,  to the subdriver_list in usbhid-ups.c (specifically in the #ifndef SHUT_MODE section)
+ I added "rtd-hid.c" to USBHID_UPS_SUBDRIVERS in drivers/Makefile.am
+ I added "rtd-hid.h" to dist_noinst_HEADERS in drivers/Makefile.am
+ I executed ./configure --with-usb --with-dev --etc --etc

I execute make, and I get an error:
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=link gcc -I../include      -g -O2 -Wall -Wsign-compare   -o usbhid-ups usbhid-ups.o libhid.o libusb.o hidparser.o usb-common.o apc-hid.o belkin-hid.o cps-hid.o explore-hid.o liebert-hid.o mge-hid.o powercom-hid.o tripplite-hid.o idowell-hid.o openups-hid.o ../common/libcommon.la ../common/libparseconf.la main.o dstate.o -lusb  -lpthread
libtool: link: gcc -I../include -g -O2 -Wall -Wsign-compare -o usbhid-ups usbhid-ups.o libhid.o libusb.o hidparser.o usb-common.o apc-hid.o belkin-hid.o cps-hid.o explore-hid.o liebert-hid.o mge-hid.o powercom-hid.o tripplite-hid.o idowell-hid.o openups-hid.o main.o dstate.o  ../common/.libs/libcommon.a ../common/.libs/libparseconf.a -lusb -lpthread
usbhid-ups.o:(.rodata+0x110): undefined reference to `rtd_subdriver'
make[1]: *** [usbhid-ups] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rtd/nut-2.7.2/drivers'

I can see that somehow, somewhere, my rtd-hid.o isn't being included in that list.

I followed the same process again, but this time tried autoreconf instead of configure (I had already run ./configure once).  That gave me an error message that I do not believe is related to my driver:

Parallel-tests: error: required file './test-driver' not found
Parallel-tests:  'automake --add-missing' can install 'test-driver'
Autoreconf: automake failed with exit status 1

Sincerely,
Rob Groner