[Nut-upsuser] nutdrv_atcl_usb

hyouko at gmail.com hyouko at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:19:05 UTC 2015

> Thank you for the commands...
> Please find attached log...

Looking at the log it seems that the only commands understood by the
UPS are the two shutdown.return with ups.delay.start=0.
If this is the case, I must confess I was sort of expecting something
like this as the other ups.delay.{start,shutdown}s and
shutdown.stayoff/load.off imply the use of 'SnRm' command which is too
long to fit in one 8 bytes interrupt (and then the driver has to use 2
interrupts).

> Im not sure if the Load.on worked, because in the end I had to manually
> start the UPS (with button).
> Anyway, let me know should I need to perform some steps again (probably yes,
> since I believe it was off).

But.. you say the UPS at the end of the test was off - so I'm a bit
puzzled now: I need you to help me clear my mind.
A little more testing and logs to produce.

First, put a dummy load (something like a lamp should suffice) under
UPS protection; cut the power to the UPS (but leave it grounded, I
don't want to have you on my conscience) to put it on battery.
Then, yet again:
- terminal #1 - as root:
nutdrv_qx -a ups -DDDDD >> /path/to/my/precious/log 2>&1

- terminal #2 - as root:
upsd -D

- terminal #3:
upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=30 -u <username> -p <password> ups
upsrw -s ups.delay.start=0 -u <username> -p <password> ups
upscmd -u <username> -p <password> ups shutdown.return
# Wait ~15 seconds, then:
upscmd -u <username> -p <password> ups shutdown.stop
# Does this stop the shutdown? If so, wait ~60 seconds then:
upscmd -u <username> -p <password> ups shutdown.return
# Then wait till the UPS shutdowns the load (does it happen?); wait
one minute or so and then give back power to the UPS.
# In a short time frame the UPS should now start again bringing back
power to the attached load: does this happen?

# Now, just to confirm that the various 'SnRm' commands don't work,
cut again the power to the UPS and then:
upsrw -s ups.delay.shutdown=30 -u <username> -p <password> ups
upsrw -s ups.delay.start=60 -u <username> -p <password> ups
upscmd -u <username> -p <password> ups shutdown.return
# Wait ~60 seconds: does the UPS shutdown the load?