[Nut-upsuser] Tripplite SNMPwebcard communication lost and established randomly

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:23:43 UTC 2015

On Mar 31, 2015, at 9:07 AM, Jason Gould <jgould at cddiagnostics.com> wrote:

> I missed that snmp-ups set pollfreq to 30 by default. I’d hope that it would set deadtime to an appropriate value as well than, no? Is there a way to query what the settings are or what the defaults are?

There is a TODO comment in snmp-ups that mentions doing something similar to usbhid-ups: just poll the important status OIDs every two seconds (pollinterval), and fill in the rest every 30 (pollfreq).

The configuration files have the default values listed in the comments: https://github.com/networkupstools/nut/tree/master/conf

> I’m going to set POLLFREQ=30 and DEADTIME = 90 and see if that has any effect. I’ll check for the logs. And if that doesn’t get my anywhere I’ll look at trying to simulate with snmpwalk like you mentioned.

DEADTIME is a setting in upsmon.conf, versus the driver.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail