[Nut-upsuser] Contact-closure UPS

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 02:56:58 UTC 2015

On Nov 16, 2015, at 3:57 PM, Róbert SZAKSZ <robert at szaksz.eu> wrote:

> Thank you for your answer, so I want to try make the "smart" cable, but should I use:
> http://www.networkupstools.org/ups-protocols/megatec.html (cable mentioned by you - above 3 wire cable)?

If I am reading the code correctly, it does not need anything other than Tx/Rx/Ground (ser_open() sets CLOCAL, which ignores modem control lines). So that cable should work.

> or
> http://web.archive.org/web/20100106160328/http://ups.miem.edu.ru/ups_faq5.html (cable 5.4.1)?

The loopback connections would be for the modem control lines (hardware handshaking, which your UPS probably does not do). Other than that, I think the DB-9 pinout is the same.

nutdrv_qx would be best, but blazer_ser is the next newest driver.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail