[Nut-upsuser] Contact-closure UPS

Róbert SZAKSZ robert at szaksz.eu
Sat Nov 21 13:54:07 UTC 2015

>> On Nov 21, 2015, at 2:43 AM, Róbert SZAKSZ <robert at szaksz.eu> wrote:
>>
>> I mesured it and on DC and it shows 0 V (zero V).
>> May be the information (pls. see attachment) that UPS PIN1 should bee keept HI is mandatory. Should I connect it to PC PIN4 DTR?
>
>Certainly possible. blazer_ser and nutdrv_qx should set DTR high and RTS low by default, but that can be adjusted.>
I will try to make both cables, but UPS PIN9 (TX) doesn't answer it seems like no power on it.

>> OR
>>
>> I need to follow with contact closure cable?
>
>If the UPS is capable of the smart protocol, I still think that is worth trying first. But it's up to you.
I am not 100% sure that smart protocol is capable, because the only one place where it is mentioned is the picture I sended you.

Question for contact cable http://web.archive.org/web/20100106160328/http://ups.miem.edu.ru/ups_faq5.html type 5.2.1 is to set
CP[RTS] OL[CTS] LB[DCD] SD[DTR] is this correct?

Best regards,
Robert SZAKSZ.