[Nut-upsuser] Contact-closure UPS

Róbert SZAKSZ robert at szaksz.eu
Sat Nov 21 17:51:19 UTC 2015

On Nov 21, 2015, at 8:54 AM, Róbert SZAKSZ <robert at szaksz.eu> wrote:

>>> If the UPS is capable of the smart protocol, I still think that is worth trying first. But it's up to you.
>> I am not 100% sure that smart protocol is capable, because the only one place where it is mentioned is the picture I sended you.
>But your original email mentioned "UPS TxD" and "UPS RxD"...
Yes, that's the problem, I have nothing more than this peace of schema and there is mentioned TxD and RxD, but I nowhere find some information to the UPS.
May be I disasemble the UPS and look inside to see the physical connection.

>> Question for contact cable http://web.archive.org/web/20100106160328/http://ups.miem.edu.ru/ups_faq5.html type 5.2.1 is to set
>> CP[RTS] OL[CTS] LB[DCD] SD[DTR] is this correct?
>Probably. The testing procedure at http://www.networkupstools.org/docs/man/genericups.html#_testing_compatibility should help in case some of the signals need a "-".
This settings is working, OL is appeared but OB not. I will try to change some settings...

Thanks a lot,
Robert SZAKSZ.