[Nut-upsuser] I/O errors with usbhid-ups and Tripp Lite SMART1500LCDT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 02:25:29 UTC 2015

On Oct 23, 2015, at 8:42 AM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Environment for reference:
>> NUT Version: v2.7.3.r128.g96c93fb (GIT); v2.7.3 stable exhibits the same behavior
>> OS: Arch Linux x86_64
>> Kernel Version:  4.2.4.201510222059-1-grsec
>
> So the interesting part is that I was testing the master branch yesterday (same commit) on an older Debian box (3.16 kernel). The driver had trouble starting, but once it got going, it has been running continuously.

I'm starting to think this is motherboard-dependent. I now have the SMART1500LCDT plugged into a HP Z800 (Xeon 5xxx) motherboard on Debian jessie (also 3.16, but might be slightly different than the other box), and it is disconnecting frequently. (The stable system is a Dell Core i5.)

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail