[Nut-upsuser] snmp-ups ApplicationError / APPCRASH

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 01:16:21 UTC 2015

[please use reply-all to include the list - the NUT lists do not add a reply-to header.]

On Oct 26, 2015, at 9:49 AM, Tobias Mattmann <tobmat93 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> i've installed the network ups tool on one of my windows machine (server 2012 r2).
> My ups is an APC Back-UPS Pro 550 which is connected via USB to an Synology Diskstation DS414.
[...]
> C:\Program Files (x86)\NUT\bin>snmp-ups.exe -a ups
> Network UPS Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.70 (Windows-v2.6.5-5-7-g72f380c)
> No matching MIB found for sysOID '.1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10'!
> Please report it to NUT developers, with an 'upsc' output for your device.

If you only need the Windows system to shut down when the UPS reports a low battery, you can connect upsmon directly to the Synology box:

   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.monitoring.nut.user/9447

In that case, neither the driver (snmp-ups.exe) nor upsd is needed in Windows (the usbhid-ups driver and upsd are running on the NAS).

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail