[Nut-upsuser] monitoring Eaton parallel/redundant UPSs

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 01:45:02 UTC 2015

On Sep 2, 2015, at 5:54 PM, John Thurston <john.thurston at alaska.gov> wrote:

> But what about that "Bypass Paralleling Switchboard"? I suspect it is possible that it could be used to ignore the input from UPS-A and rely only on UPS-B to handle the load. If I'm only monitoring the status of the UPSs, how will I know that having UPS-A OL and 100% is irrelevant? Does anyone know how to incorporate the state of this "paralleling" component into my NUT monitoring?

Hi John,

I am not qualified to offer any advice about that bypass system (I try not to touch anything bigger than 120V/15A), but since nobody else has piped up yet: if you can get details from your clients about how that works conceptually, we can help map that into a NUT configuration.

The big question in my mind is whether there is some way to programmatically determine what state the circuit is in. If not, there is still probably a way to manually use the dummy-ups driver to add in a phantom UPS representing the parallel-fed state.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail