[Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Thu Sep 10 14:28:26 UTC 2015

rtd at linux-5048:~> lsusb -vvv -d 2a37:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 2a37:5110
Couldn't open device, some information will be missing
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               2.00
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x2a37
  idProduct          0x5110
  bcdDevice            0.03
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 4
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           41
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower              100mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass         3 Human Interface Device
      bInterfaceSubClass      0 No Subclass
      bInterfaceProtocol      0 None
      iInterface              0
        HID Device Descriptor:
          bLength                 9
          bDescriptorType        33
          bcdHID               1.11
          bCountryCode            0 Not supported
          bNumDescriptors         1
          bDescriptorType        34 Report
          wDescriptorLength     503
         Report Descriptors:
           ** UNAVAILABLE **
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              10
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            3
          Transfer Type            Interrupt
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0008  1x 8 bytes
        bInterval              10

I noticed the "can't open device" at the top of the listing before, but I also saw that every other entry in the results from "lsusb -vvv" (including the mouse) had the same string, so I didn't think it was unusual.  I did notice that my USB stick didn't have that message.

Unfortunately, I don't recall much about the git pull, except when you told me how to do it however many months back it was.  I pulled it and then went on my merry way modifying it.  Is there some way to look in the code/data to see it?

Either way, I haven't changed/updated the code since that pull, so if you made the change after that, it hasn't affect me at all.  And if you made it before the pull, then I've still been able to successfully use the shutdown command with this code just a few months ago, and today using Porteus.

Rob Groner
Software Engineer Level II

RTD Embedded Technologies, Inc.
ISO 9001 and AS9100 Certified