[Nut-upsuser] "upsmon -c fsd" cause system shutdown

d tbsky tbskyd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 09:21:48 UTC 2015

hi:
    my testing server has two power supply and attach to two ups. one
of the ups is connect to the server with usb.
my upsmon.conf like below:

# for two ups
MONITOR ftups at localhost 1 monmaster nutmaster master
MONITOR ftups at 10.1.1.2 1 monslave nutslave slave
MINSUPPLIES 1

# for early shutdown
NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT EXEC+WALL+SYSLOG
NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE EXEC+WALL+SYSLOG
NOTIFYCMD /usr/sbin/upssched

    the early shutdown script use "upsmon -c fsd" to set  FSD to
master ups. but when testing, the "upsmon -c fsd" not only set FSD to
ups, it also create /etc/killpower and run SHUTDOWNCMD and terminate
itself, although I have a live second ups connection.

    I wonder if there are other commands to set ups FSD? I can not
find any. only "upsmon -c fsd", but that command seems do too much.

   thanks a lot for hint!!

Regards,
tbskyd