[Nut-upsuser] Driver macosx-ups failing on Yosemite

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 21:44:56 UTC 2015

On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 11:58 AM, Charles Lepple wrote:

> Another potential problem that you might see is that the driver will trigger an assertion and exit when the UPS is unplugged. Theoretically, this could be fixed with a launchd plist that restarts the driver, but the usual way to handle this in NUT is to mark the data as stale, and wait for the UPS to reappear. (Does MacPorts use a launchd plist?)

Hi Sundeep,

If you pull from the latest Git master branch of NUT (as of
2015-09-07), I fixed the assertion when the cable is unplugged. Now,
it should mark the data as stale, and you should be able to unplug and
replug the USB cable.

I did a basic sanity check with an APC Back-UPS LS500, but as
mentioned before, if you see any problems with high CPU usage, please
use the Sample Process option.

--
- Charles Lepple