[Nut-upsuser] "upsmon -c fsd" cause system shutdown

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 02:38:16 UTC 2015

[please keep the list CC'd - use "Reply All".]

On Sep 14, 2015, at 10:29 PM, d tbsky <tbskyd at gmail.com> wrote:

>> "upsmon -c fsd" sets the FSD flag on all of the UPSes attached to upsd.
>
>   my nut version is 2.7.3. as I said, "upsmon -c fsd" not only set
> the FSD flag, it will also
>
> 1. create /etc/killpower
> 2. run SHUTDOWNCMD
> 3. terminate upsmon itself

Right, that is what upsmon does when the FSD flag is set.

> this will cause problem when doing early shutdown at "big-server"
> environment (eg: multiple power supply, multiple ups attached to
> different host).
>
> fortunately I found  fedora/redhat rpm include the python PyNUT, so I
> can write a simple script to set ups FSD without trigger SHUTDOWNCMD.

I haven't used PyNUT much, so I am not sure how you would do that.

If you want to simulate a power failure on only one UPS, I still recommend using the dummy-ups driver reading from a file. You can then set "ups.status: OB LB" on each simulated UPS.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail