[Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

Rob Groner rgroner at RTD.com
Tue Sep 15 16:29:08 UTC 2015

I just thought of something else that has changed since the last time I was trying this....  I am now using the "--with-pidpath=/var/run/ups" configuration parameter to change where everything keeps the pid files.  I wasn't doing that before.  Since that's mounted to tmpfs, is it possible that's getting unmounted before the shutdown command happens (and thus not finding the .pid file, it tries to start it instead)?

I think I'm going to try going through the install process solely as root to see if that makes things works reliably.

Rob Groner
Software Engineer Level II

RTD Embedded Technologies, Inc.
ISO 9001 and AS9100 Certified
Ph: +1 814-234-8087
www.rtd.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Lepple [mailto:clepple at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 10, 2015 9:44 AM
To: Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com>
Subject: Re: [Nut-upsuser] UPS/NUT with openSUSE 13.1

On Sep 10, 2015, at 8:49 AM, Rob Groner <rgroner at RTD.com> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> 3.16.6.-2-desktop

I think that corresponds to this file: http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/usb/core/devio.c?v=3.16 (but I don't see anything obvious there)

What does "lsusb -vvv -d 2a37:" return? Usually I'd say run that as root when the driver isn't running, but I'm looking for the device descriptor, which should be available regardless.

The version number of your driver says "2.7.2.6_RTD". Which Git revision does that correspond to in the NUT repository (aside from your changes)? I'm curious because somewhere (af5f84c5) between 2.7.2 and 2.7.3, I removed a spurious usb_set_altinterface() call, and I'm wondering if that changes the claim/detach error messages.

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail