[Nut-upsuser] FreeBSD backed with a PR1500LCDRT2U

Louis G. louis at frentzgzesh.info
Wed Sep 23 13:39:12 UTC 2015

----- On Sep 23, 2015, at 9:26 AM, Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com wrote:

> On Sep 23, 2015, at 9:22 AM, Louis G. <louis at frentzgzesh.info> wrote:
>>
>> >Can you open up a root shell, kill the old `usbhid-ups` process, and run it from
>> >the command line?
>> >
>> >   /usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a ups -DDD
>> >
>> >(Adjust the "-a ups" for the name that NAS4Free uses.)
>> >
>> >It will indefinitely, but we only need about the first 30 seconds. Please gzip
>> >the output before posting to the list. Also, please use reply-all, as this
>> >mailing list does not mangle the reply-to headers.
>>  This is the output from what you asked. The last line keeps repeating. Looks
>>  like the ups is refusing to connect. Not sure how to get it to connect at this
>>  point. Thank you again for your help so far.
>>
>>   0.000000    UPS: server at localhost (master) (power value 1)
>>    0.000051    Using power down flag file /var/etc/killpower
>>    0.000138    debug level is '3'
>>    0.004778    Trying to connect to UPS [Blob at localhost]
>>    0.005103    UPS [Blob at localhost]: connect failed: Connection failure: Connection
>>    refused
>
> This is the debug output for upsd - the problem is one level down, in the driver
> (usbhid-ups).
>
> We would need the output from:
>
> /usr/local/libexec/nut/usbhid-ups -a Blob -DDD
>
> Again, this can get big, so please redirect to a file, gzip, and attach it.
>
> --
> Charles Lepple
> clepple at gmail

I attached the output. Sorry about the confusion. It didn't dawn on me that you meant the actual name of my UPS and not just ups in the options for the command. The output was also not as big as you made it out to be. Let me know if you have any more pointers. Thank you again.

Joe Gzesh
Sent from Zimbra Open Source Mail Server. Hosted at my House.
Ask me how to set up your own Zimbra server.