[Nut-upsuser] Nut v2.7.3 - how to force shutdown for a specifc ups only

Juergen Edner juergen at eisfair.org
Tue Sep 29 19:29:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,
I'm using Nut v2.7.3 on my Linux server to monitor two UPS at the same
time, which are used to secure several different network devices. This
set-up works fine for several month now.
Due to the fact that different devices, connected to different UPS
are generating a different load, the batteries of each UPS are
discharged with a different speed.
I now want to react on the events of each of the UPS separately by
creating dedicated entries in the upsshed.conf file. As far as I
understood that should be possible without greater problems except
for one thing - the forced shutdown. The command "upsmon -c fsd"
forces all UPS to shutdown at the same time.

Now I wonder why it isn't possible to send a forced shutdown command
to a specific UPS only. Have I missed some specific information in the
documentation or has indeed no-one requested this kind of feature
before?

I wasn't able to find an answer for this question on the Internet, so
I hope that someone on this mailing list could answer my question.

Thanks
Juergen
Mail: juergen at eisfair.org