[Nut-upsuser] unclear about expected shutdown behavior

Roger Price roger at rogerprice.org
Sat Dec 24 08:14:55 UTC 2016

On Sat, 24 Dec 2016, Spike wrote:

> ... from reading the docs it seems the UPS should power off, is that the
> case?

Yes, The UPS should be sent a "delayed shutdown" command, upsdrvctl
shutdown, to tell it to shut down _after_ the box.  The amount of the
delay can be set in ups.conf.  The UPS delayed shutdown turns off the
output sockets on the UPS.  On some UPS's this gives an audible clunk.

> The box correctly shuts down, but the UPS does not and, maybe as a
> consequence, the box never came back on its own (I waited a few
> minutes).

It looks as if the command upsdrvctl shutdown is not being executed. Does
the Ubuntu distribution of NUT include a script to do this?

Roger