[Nut-upsuser] NUT support for APC BackUPS Pro 900VA

Juergen Edner fli4l-eisfair at telejeck.de
Thu Jan 21 22:36:15 UTC 2016

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure Nut to connect to an APC BackUPS Pro 900VA.
This ups uses a serial port on which _simple_ or _smart_ signaling
should be spoken. I've connected the UPS to a serial port using the
original 940_0128A cable from APC.
Unfortunately I've not yet managed to read any data from the ups.
If I try to load the apcsmart driver it tells me that it cannot
communicate with the ups.

Does anyone be able to configure Nut so that the mentioned BackUPS
is recognized properly. If someone could give me a hint how I need
to configure nut, I would appreciate it.

Just to mention, Nut is already working with older SmartUPS devices
without any problems. So it isn't a general but a device specific problem.

Thank you in advance!

Regards
Juergen
Mail: fli4l-eisfair at telejeck.de