[Nut-upsuser] Best practice to shutdown hosts which has not NUT via upssched

Stuart Gathman stuart at gathman.org
Wed Jul 13 14:02:14 UTC 2016

On 07/13/2016 04:17 AM, Dmitri Stepanov wrote:
>    I need to shutdown a number of hosts which has not NUT from one which has it.
Let's make sure you are not missing an obvious point.  By "has not NUT",
you might mean not running upsd.  The best practice is to run upsmon on
the other hosts.  This does not require running NUT proper (server).  Is
there some reason why you can't run upsmon on the other hosts?
Typically, upsd and drivers are packaged as something like "nut-server",
whereas upsmon is packaged as "nut-client".