[Nut-upsuser] Powercom EBK 500 ms behind a Keyspan serial to USB

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 13:34:04 UTC 2016

On Jul 20, 2016, at 6:12 PM, Edgar Estrada <edgar.estrada at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know if it's possible to monitor a Powercom EBk 500 (RS232)? the trick is that I am using a raspberry pi, it does not have RS232 so I connected a keyspan RS232 to USB adapter, but so far I can´t make this work.

That model isn't listed in our compatibility table: http://networkupstools.org/stable-hcl.html?manufacturer=Powercom

However, there are at least two drivers which are compatible with other serial models: powercom and blazer_ser (nutdrv_qx might be, as well).

Which driver did you use?

If you are using Raspbian, you can stop the NUT service (sudo service nut-server stop) and run the driver manually in debug mode:

/lib/nut/powercom -a <name-from-ups.conf> -DDDD

The commands and paths will likely be different for other distributions, but you can find out the path by passing a few "-D" flags to "upsdrvctl start".

[please use Reply-All to include the list - thanks!]

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail