[Nut-upsuser] Restarting service issues

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 01:06:12 UTC 2016

> On Jun 3, 2016, at 11:13 AM, Sergio Belkin <sebelk at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > jun 03 12:10:05 nut-vm.infoestructura.local upsdrvctl[9246]: No
> supported device detected
> > jun 03 12:10:05 nut-vm.infoestructura.local upsdrvctl[9246]: Network UPS
> Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.72 (2.7.2)
> > jun 03 12:10:05 nut-vm.infoestructura.local systemd[1]:
> nut-driver.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
> > jun 03 12:10:05 nut-vm.infoestructura.local upsdrvctl[9246]: Driver
> failed to start (exit status=1)
> > jun 03 12:10:05 nut-vm.infoestructura.local upsdrvctl[9246]: Network UPS
> Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
>
> Strange, these error messages seem to be in reverse chronological order,
> and the "No supported device detected" error comes from snmp-ups, not
> upsdrvctl.
>
> Can you try running "upsdrvctl start" as root from the command line (after
> stopping the systemd services, if applicable)? If that works, there might
> be a race condition in bringing up the network interfaces needed by the
> snmp-ups driver.
>
> It might be better to file this issue with the CentOS packagers, since the
> systemd control files in the NUT repository can only be a suggestion -- the
> actual integration will depend on the distribution.
>
> --
> Charles Lepple
> clepple at gmail

Hi Charles,

I've found that is a mixed problem, if nut driver's fails to connect to one
of UPS's, I have to manually run:

upsdrvctl  start nutdev10

And then it works...

By other hand, this configuration is not supported by nut:

[nutdev10]
        driver = "snmp-ups"
        port = "192.168.15.11"
        snmp_version = v3
        secLevel = authPriv
        secName = WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
        authPassword = XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
        privPassword = YYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
        authProtocol = SHA
        privProtocol = AES
        desc = "Example SNMP v3 device, with the highest security level"
        mibs = apcc

I had to change AES by DES, if not:

upsdrvctl -D start nutdev10
Network UPS Tools - UPS driver controller 2.7.2
   0.000000     Starting UPS: nutdev10
Network UPS Tools - Generic SNMP UPS driver 0.72 (2.7.2)
Unknown mibs value: apcc
   0.247859     Driver failed to start (exit status=1)

Remember that snmpwalk works fine, so is a nut drver bug?

Thanks in advance!

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org