[Nut-upsuser] What is the purpose of the upsmon setting in upsd.users?

André Hänsel andre at webkr.de
Wed Jun 22 07:20:34 UTC 2016

Hi list,

(I think) I understand that in upsmon.conf, the MONITOR line ends with
"master" or "slave". Basically if it's master it will wait for slaves to
shut down and if it's slave it will signal the master to switch off the UPS
after shutdown.

To be able to monitor a network UPS as a slave, there must be a user in
upsd.users on the master system. This user needs to have a setting named
"upsmon" set.

And this is where I'm confused - this setting has a parameter that must also
be set to either " master" or "slave". What do I set this to?

Regards,
André