[Nut-upsuser] Incorrect battery.runtime.low being reported?

Mike Lee curby+forums at cur.by
Wed Mar 9 07:14:26 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Charles Lepple <clepple at gmail.com> wrote:
> You mentioned this briefly, but are there any special settings needed in ups.conf?

Here're the non-empty, non-comment lines from the config files:

http://pastebin.com/KjynNds3

I didn't do anything special: I just used the NAS web interface and
clicked four checkboxes: enable support for the UPS, start the NUT
server so other computers could connect as clients, keep machines up
until the UPS went to LB, and shut the UPS down after the NAS disks
were remounted RO and the NAS was ready to go offline.

> If you want, we can take a look at the debug output of the driver. Not sure how that works in the NAS, but it involves killing the usbhid-ups process, and restarting it with other command-line arguments. You could also install NUT on a general-purpose Linux distro (even through a Live CD) and run the driver from there.

I'll take a look at the docs to see if they mention restarting the
driver in debug mode, but any pointers/tips would be great!  That
said, the NAS can be a bit touchy.  Maybe I should connect up the UPS
to another machine to let it query the UPS and see what it says.

Thanks again!

--Mike