[Nut-upsuser] longtime NUT user with APC ups units..just installed GE LP33..how to get it configured?

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 23:53:34 UTC 2016

On Mar 21, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Bob Brown <bbrown at harpercollege.edu> wrote:

> I have used NUT for many years to monitor our network connected UPS units…until recently they were all APC units.
> We replaced an old APC Silcon datacenter ups with a GE LP33 unit.
> It has a network card for web access and snmp support.
>
> How do I configure NUT to talk to the LP33 UPS unit?
> Thank you.

The LP33 isn't listed in our Hardware Compatibility List, but if it uses the IETF MIB for SNMP (likely, based on one of the manuals I saw), you might just be able to change the hostname in the ups.conf entry for the old APC units.

Other configuration information that might need to be changed:

   http://networkupstools.org/docs/man/snmp-ups.html

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail