[Nut-upsuser] Network UPS Tools for APC Smart-UPS 5000VA 230V SRT

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:08:26 UTC 2016

On Mar 25, 2016, at 10:10 AM, Ricardo de Almeida <ralmeida at voxbone.com> wrote:

> Currently, I'm looking for a UPS that can support NUT. I found an APC Smart-UPS 5000VA 230V SRT, but I'm not 100% that is supported.

http://networkupstools.org/docs/FAQ.html#_which_ups_should_i_buy

"Which UPS should I buy?

One with a no-questions-asked money-back guarantee. Seriously. The NUT developers cannot take responsibility for recommending an UPS (see the LICENSE file for more details on the explicit lack of warranty), only to find out that the manufacturer has changed the internals of the UPS without changing the model name.

That said, from time to time, certain vendors have helped out by providing hardware for testing, results of their testing efforts, or protocol specifications. We try to publish this information on the NUT website, so you can take this into consideration when selecting an UPS brand."

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail