[Nut-upsuser] New UPS Support: Eaton 5S 1000

Charles Lepple clepple at gmail.com
Thu May 5 03:00:47 UTC 2016

On May 4, 2016, at 10:01 AM, Ken Marsh <ken.marsh at sparkpost.com> wrote:

> Is this actually functional? Usually I don't consider NUT operational until upsc works (among other things).

You're right, the "ups.status: WAIT" isn't fully functional. I am surprised, though, since the usual problem area is driver-to-hardware rather than upsd-to-driver.

From the state where everything has been started, what if you kill the driver, and restart it from the command line with five "-D" flags? I'm looking for a line like this: "0.008735	dstate_init: sock /var/tmp/macosx-ups-osx open on fd 3" (although it potentially might happen several times in your case). Please check upsc as well, and after a few cycles between the two messages, you can kill the driver and zip up the log.

A few more background things (since I guess I skipped the non-LTS versions between Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04): which init system does this version run? Do you know if there are any apparmor profiles that might be preventing the driver and upsd from talking? Any crash messages in dmesg?

--
Charles Lepple
clepple at gmail