[Nut-upsuser] Low Battery event not occurring

Kamran Khan kamran at pssclabs.com
Fri May 13 22:30:00 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

New to the list.  Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to provide.

I have a TrippLite SMART2200RM2UN UPS.  I have installed and configured NUT as instructed on the website, and am able to monitor the status of the UPS without much problem.  The only problem I am seeing is that I cannot get the machine to actually send a Low Battery ( LB ) signal.

When I run "upsc myups at localhost", the "battery.charge.low" is "10".  My current "battery.charge" is "6".  However, when I type "upsc myups at localhost ups.status", it only shows OB and DISCHRG, not LB.

If I understand the NUT process correctly, it looks for this LB status in order to create the POWERDOWNFLAG.  "In upsmon.conf, add a POWERDOWNFLAG directive with a filename. upsmon will create this file when the UPS needs to be powered off during a power failure when low battery is reached."

Please let me know if you need me to provide any further information.  Again, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

--
Kamran Khan